are various Mantras for Gayatri, a few are being illustrated here :-
1. Short Gayatri :- Aum Harm Hreem Sah Gayatri Namah.
2. Gayatri :- Aum Bhur Bhuvah Suvah. Tatasaviturvarenyam, Bhargo Dewasya
Dheemahi, Dhiyo Yo Nah Prachodayat. ( Tripada )
3. Complete Gayatri :- Aum Bhur Bhuva Swah Maha Jana Tapa Satyam, Tatsaviturvarenam
Bhargo Devesya Dhimahi Dhiyo Yo Nah Prachodayat. Aum Aapo Jyoti Rasoamritam
Brahma Bhur Bhuvan Swaroma. ( Chatushpada )
4. The Great Gayatri :- ( 1 ) Aum Hreem Kleem Maha Gayatri Namah.
( 2 ) Each seed alphabet to be prefixed with Aum 3 times.
( 3) Each seed alphabet to be prefixed with Aum 7 times. i. e. Aum Aum Aum
Aum Aum Aum Aum Bhu etc.
( complete description can be perceived in the Chapter on the mode of Japa
5. Gayatri of Different Divinities :- There are separate Gayatri mantras
for different Divinities e. g. Rama, Duraga, Kali etc.
Gayatri - Mantra
1. It is divided in three parts the so called there Padas of Gayatri. The
complete Gayatri has four Padas.
2. The Mantra contains 24 seed alphabets. These are for the creation of
Mantras and give the result of or affects of the seed alphabets from Aa
3. There are 24 Nadies grouped at the navel directing the prana towards
4. In the Divine world the month consists of 24 days and each day is counted
with one seed alphabet. These seed alphabets are from Aa to Ma. The sounds
of some of the seed alphabets mix up and merge with the sound of the other
alphabets for example Nam & Nam ua and .ka.
5. All the mantras are integrated in the Gayatri Chhanda.
6. The 24 Masters have bestowed the 24 seed alphabets for the creation of
7. 24 Divinities have special relation with the Mantra. Their powers manifest
in this mantra.
8. A + U + M - the three seed alphabets + 7 lokas + 7 Chakras + 7 Orifices
utilized for realization of God = 24.
9. Sixteen Digits + Eight siddhis = 24.
of the Gayatri Mantra Japa :-
The Short Gayatri - For maintaining the daily routine and for creating
a desire for Mantra, for attracting the Manifest forms of God and this
Japa Can be done when one is short of time.
Gayatri Mantra :- The japa of Tripada Gayatri is done for creating light
in darkness, Pranayama etc. are integrated along with the Japa. The complete
result is the visualization of the Agnaya Chakra clearly, where lies the
gate way - for entry to Antah- Karana.
Complete Gayatri :- is utilized to enter the Antah-Karana, to create light
in it, for generating light in Brahmanda, for drinking Nectar, for activating
the subtle body, for the creation of seed alphabets, for purification
of Prana, for generating Nada, for the strength of the soul etc.
The Great Gayatri Mantra :-
(1) By its Japa with there 'AUMs' there is complete realization of Brahmanda,
Seed visualization, attainment of all visions and attributes including
Chakras etc. up to Brahma Randhra.
(2) The Japa of the Great Gayatri Mantra with seven 'AUMs' is done for
Ascetcism. It is mainly for the purification of the body. It is also used
for purifying pranas before leaving the body. Fasts etc. are done along
with this Japa.
OF THE GAYATRI MANTRA :-
The details should be understood from the Master, but in short it is as
1) The Short Gayatri :- Aum Hram Hreem Sah Sooryaya Namah.
Aum Hram Hreem Sah Gayatri Namah.
Both the mantras have the same meaning. In one salutations are offered
to Sun God while in the other to the mother Gayatri. The Sun and Gayatri
are same identical (for this detailed discussion is given ahead). The
power of Tankore of Prana is increased by this mantra, so that the light
may spread to the different parts of the body and perform its functions
2) The Gayatri and the Complete Gayatri :-
Aum Bhur Bhuvah Swah Maha jana Tapa Satyam, Tatsaviturvarenyam Bhargo
Devesya Dhimahi, Dhiyo yo Nah Prachodyat, Aum Aapo jyoti Rasoamritam Brahma
Bhur Bhuvah Swarom.
AUM - ( A + U + M ) In these varied pronounciation
( O + E + M ) even the result given by 'AUM'
( A + E + M ) is that of A + U +M.
Bhur = Earth = Mooladhara.
Bhuva = Akash.
Swah = Heaven= Swadhishthana.
Maha = Heart region.
Japa = To say 'no' for life and death.
Tapa = Ascetic practices in vishuddhi & Agnya.
Satyam= Up to the Third Eye ( Brahma-Randhra ).
It means that Bhur Bhuvah and Swah are three spheres of existence which
spread out in seven lokas like Maha, Jana, Tapa and Satyam, The seven
lokas of Brahmanda are also situated in the individual being. In these
three or seven lokas the divine power whose talk is the subject in these
lokas, that power, seven humours seven notes, mixes with the seven colours
of the light and is pervading in light form.
Tat That - situated as it is.
Savita :- Sa + Va + Ta = Sun, Ganges, Fire, Earth etc. including those
endowed with knowledge and yoga.
1) Extremes of light.
2) Brahama, Para Brahma, the sun form of curtain in between Brahma and
3) The sun from whom seed alphabets a rise.
4) The sun creating seed alphabets.
5) The Sun creater of beings.
6) The bestower of knowledge.
7) Activating the objects.
8) Creating many lights from one light.
9) The one in whom many lights merge.
10) The activator of Hram Hreem Hroom seed alphabets.
11) Generator of water Air, etc.
12) Bestower of yoga knowledge to light power from its own nature.
13) Resident of Sun Nadi.
14) Helper of Vajra Nadi.
15) Creator of Sam, Vam, Tam seed alphabets or the creator of Sun Mantras.
16) Illuminator of everything by its own knowledge.
Varaneyam :- Va + Re + N + Ya + M : God Varuna.
1) The one who is blissfully engaged enjoying with his ownself-worth worshipping.
2) God or Shakti - Activated by Tankore.
Bhargo : Bha + Ra + Ga.
The power who activates lights and seed alphabets from the Earth to the
Air and the Tejas fire spheres, and helper in their Visualization.
Devasya :- Da + Va + S + Ya.
It means the presiding Deity of this (meter) mantra is definitely mother
Gayatri and with unflinching faith should bestow the boon of fearlessness
along with the activation of light.
:- Dha + Ma + Ha.
The worshipper of Earth, and offcring of oblations by mixing Earth and
water by activators, light in the Antah-karan of the physical being should
bestow definitive knowledge.
Dha + Ya.
Dharya :- It means mental steadiness, gradually it leads to the realization
of the light of Brahma, celibacy during Sadhana. Satisfaction, the shakti
of Brahma develops from sentiments.
It means therefore that by celibacy. I may be full of light, powerful,
wise, and merge into your form and be eligible for yoga Kshema and liberation.
Yo Nah :- Ya + Na
The power uniting the powers of A. U. M. and keeps the great illusory
power 'Maya' away, providing union between the seed alphabets, is the
power of the Mother Gayatri.
Prachodayat :- Pa + Ra + Cha + Da + Ya + T
It increases the memory and provides energy for pronounciation, after
uniting the fifty seed alphabets pervading in the illumined body I may
merge into Brahma.
OF THE COMPLETE MANTRA
Oh, the bestower of knowledge to this earth, giver of knowledge to all
the worldly being : Mother, I may, after repeated purifications of Antah
karana by practices of body and 'Manas' for the activation of Divine light
with in me, observe celibacy and may attain Brahma after merging into
the light of Brahma.
OF THE GREAT GAYATRI MANTRA
1) Each seed alphabet is independent in this Mantra and confrontatian
and friction takes place between different numbers of 'A U M' with these
2) Each seed represents the formless Brahma and with form Brahma. Hence
with the help of the each seed alphabet one proceeds towards the unmanifest,
3) The meaning of each independent seed alphabet is the same as that of
1) 7 AUM Bhur 3 AUM Bhuva 3 AUM Swah 3AUM Maha 3 AUM Jana 3 AUM Jana 3
AUM Tapa 3 AUM Satyam
3 AUM Tat 3 AUM Savitur 3AUM Varenyam 3 AUM Bhargo 3 AUM Devasya 3 AUM
Dhimahi 3 AUM Yo Nah 3 AUM Prachodayat. AUM Aapo Jyoti Rasomritam Brahma
Bhur Bhuvah Swarome. For the practice of the great Gayatri Mantra and
because of lack of time some times the following can be used :
2) 7 AUM Bhur 3 AUM Bhuva 3 AUM Swah 3AUM Maha 3 AUM Gana 3 AUM Tapah
3 AUM Satyam.
3 AUM Tat 3 AUM Tsa. 3 AUM Vi 3 AUM Tur 3 AUM Va 3 AUM Ray 3 AUM Nyam
3 AUM Bhur 3 AUM Go 3 AUM Dey 3 AUM Va 3 AUM Sya 3 AUM Dhi 3 AUM Ma 3
AUM Hi 3 AUM Dhi 3 AUM Yo 3 AUM Yo 3 AUM Nah 3 AUM Pra 3 AUM Cho 3 AUM
Da 3 AUM Yat. Aum Aapo Jyoti Rasoamritam Brahma, Bhur Bhuva Swarome.
3) Use seven AUMs in place of 3 AUM. The part of the mantra 'Aum aapo
jyoti rasoamritam Brahma Bhur. Bhuvah Swarome' shall remain an integral
part of the other Mantras.
After practical visualization for ascetic practices it is used in Internal
The meaning of the word Gayatri or the meaning of the Gayatri Mantra are
indentical. The meaning of the Gayatri mantra and the Gayatri word given
here are those conn-ected with yoga only. Attempts should be made to learn
the complete meaning and pronounciation of the Mantra from the Master.
The effect of Gayatri Mantra on the Body :-
1) Many Nadies spread out in the body after coming out of the Brahmanda.
Some Nadies go towards Brahmanda. The Nadies going towards Brahmanda include
the Nadies of the sense organs also. Out of the 70000 Nadies of the whole
body here are many Nadies which generate light bestow bliss and energy
In an ordinary person the darkness is because of the effect of these Nadies.
Tha Japa of Gayatri Mantra generates vibration in the Nadies for the generation
of light. This almost creates a war like situation between the Nadies
producing light and the nadies producing darkness. The one who is powerful
emerges victorious out of this battle. If the sadhaka stands in need of
light he has to take the help of Pranayama practices along with regular
fixed mantra japa. Prana practices lead to the generation of light at
the navel. At this place only the friction is made to occur between Prana
and udana after throwing out the Apana. The navel has a conglomeration
of 24 Nadies carry their humor (light & Prana) to the navel and help
the light generating nadies in their battle. When these 24 Nadies are
completely activated the navel chakra blossomes forth and the Prana starts
flowing in the three main Nadies. This prana on reaching the neck region
activates the nectar producing Nadi and further activates the three Nadies
of the Sushumna- The Vajra Chitra and Brahma Nadi. The flow of Prana through
the Brahma nadi activates the Agnaya Chakra and reaches the Antah-karana.
This leads to the complete realization of the flame of Brahma which is
the form of the fourth pada of Gayatri mantra.
After the complete realization of the flame of Brahma the nine spots of
the senses becomes absolutely clear. All of them now merge into one luminous
By giving Tankore of each seed alphabet of the Great Gayatri Mantra in
this luminous spot, all the seed alphabets of this great Mantra become
visible. These may manifest as individual fifty seed alphabets or complete
Mantra. The visualization of the complete Garland of letters is called
the Gayatri Tree.
When the sound of each seed alphabet is listened clearly the subtle body
becomes active and starts participating in the activities of Brahmanda.
The subtle body of its own recognizes Lord Shiva and other Divinities
and reaches the mother Gayatri for complete surrender. Here it collects
the light particles of the Mother Gayatri and because of the effect of
these particles it searches out the Brahma Randhra. If the mantra japa
is done along with other practices the results are quickly achieved, otherwise
only with the help of Pranayama and Ten lac Mantra japa the Brahma Randhra
can be clearly seen, and the 'Manas', intellect and chit etc. do not disturb
the Sadhaka. In this way the sadhaka generates light in all Nadies and
finally visualizes the mother. In this whole practice it is by friction
and confrontation (battle) that the light, sound and the forms appear.
2) The Tankore by Tripada Gayatri and by Gayatri with four padas bestows
quick results. A, aa, EE, ou, Aou and Aha give the power for Tankore.
'Aum Aapo Jyoti Rasoamritam Brahma Bhur Bhuva Swarome' apart from being
a 'Samputa' also does the work of Tankore. This causes the manifestation
of the alphabets of the mantra. The offerings of Pranas as oblations takes
place automatically along with the pronounciation of the Mantra. This
gradually produces unison i.e. Yoga.
The relation of the Brahma flame with the fourth Pada has already been
described previously. In the manifestation of Brahma flame, in Tankore
process by Mantra and during the confrontation of knowledge and ignorance
the nine Durgas (knowledge powers) lend support which purifies the chita.
3) Once the Gayatri tree is visualized the body of the Sadhaka is purified.
He can at will leave his body while performing the japa of the great Gayatri-Mantra.
For this practice the internal kumbhaka should at least be of 3'/2 minutes
( The procedure for leaving the body is acquired by the subtle body himself
hence it is not worth description )
Rules for performing japa :-
1) Do the japa daily at a fixed time and the pronounciaton should be correct.
2) The time should be between sun rise and sun setting and early morning
3) Clean place, flow of pure air, clean seat clean clothes, pure sentiments,
and pure body is necessary.
4) At sunset the eyes should be kept closed and meditation of the Mother
Gayatri should be done with closed eyes.
5) Pranyama practices should be performed prior to the japa of Mantra.
During holding the breath, inhaling and exhaling meditate on the forehead,
heart and the navel along with Brahma, Vishnu and Mahesha in that order
6) After returning from dirty place, purify the body again.
7) The minimum japa should be three complete rosary counts i. e. (108x3).
According to time and energy it can be increased to 5, 7, 11 and, 21 daily.
8) Always use a lamp of Ghee, incense and white flowers and white sweets.
9) Discontinue the japa if ill thoughts arise.
10) The rosary beads should be of Tulsi, or japa can be counted by hand
digits or Mental counting.
11) The japa should be done secretly and the rosary kept covered with
a white cloth. Nobody should know what one is doing.
12) The pronounciation of Mantra during japa should be light so that only
you may hear it and none else. The rule is to do the japa silently.
13) The speed of mantra pronounciation should be neither fast nor very
14) Face east for japa in the morning time, and north in the afternoon
and west in the evening.
( The japa at night time does not bear fruits )
15) Keep an idol or a picture in front and keep on gazing at the figure
and try to maintain it in your Antah-karana.
16) The food should be satwik and daily life routine balanced, regularized
17) Perform 'Homa' accordingly, on Sundays it is a must.
18) Never be desirous of any worldly gain.
SPECIAL 19) (i) The index is never used in japa. The rosary is kept on
the ring finger and the beads are slipped with the help of the thumb and
the middle finger. The 'sumeru' is never crossed, from there the rosary
is turned back.
ii) The seat should not be high or low and the place should not be hollow
underneath. After the visualization of the mother : he japa can be performed
on a hill top also.
If the japa of vedic mantra Tripada or four Padas Gayatri Mantra is done
carefully in a secret manner then the effect of these mantras are realized
quickly and the mother Gayatri herself starts guiding the sadhaka on the
Aum Shantih Shantih Shantih
Yogi Raja the Master.